Cox Communications and San Diego Oasis have teamed up to make learning technology affordable, accessible and designed to help you address your specific needs. This new, first of its kind center will offer one-on-one sessions, technology demonstrations, and mini workshops for smartphone apps for adults aged 50+.
Contact Us: | (619) 881-6262
Saturday appointments now available on the 3rd Saturday of every month!
Schedule individual 20-30 minute sessions* with our Technology Learning Specialist for help with general smartphone, tablet, and computer questions.
- Instructional only, repair services not available
- Both over the phone or in person
- Includes services like Smartphone Settings for Seniors, where you can schedule time to bring your smartphone in for senior-friendly customizations
The following topics are available through a one-on-one appointment:
- Voice Controlled Television
- Internet 101
- Smart Home Sweet Home
* To best serve interested participants, individual sessions are limited to one session per day, and a total of two sessions per week.
Demos are approximately 30 minutes with hands on application and time for Q&A.
- Streaming Services: Find out how to access Netflix and other streaming apps on Cox Contour.
- Internet Security: Protect yourself and your family from hackers and computer viruses. Learn what you can do to safely browse the internet on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Workshops provide hands on review of popular smartphone apps. Sessions last 45 minutes for a limited number of participants, allowing individualized attention in a welcoming and relaxed learning environment. We are pleased to offer these topics:
- Apple Maps
- Apple Photos
- Bluetooth Basics
- Email Basics
- Google Maps
- Google Photos
- Music Streaming Apps
- QR Codes
- UBER/Lyft Apps
Resources for Online Classes
New to online classes? Need help using Zoom?
Use these resources to learn how to access your online account, access Zoom class login information, and more!
Online Technology Classes
We have a number of videos from our recent Technology Fairs. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- What is the Cloud?
- Passwords Strategy
- Streaming Services
- Elder Scams and Fraud
- Crypto-Currency 101
- Apple vs. Google
Smartphone Accessibility Guides & How-To Videos | Tips to make your phone easier to see, hear and use
Online Safety: English | Spanish
Watch “About the Tech Tank” video playlist.